Kindly, visit our WEBSITE for paying in instalment
About this course
The aim of this comprehensive online course is to provide an in-depth critical study of Orientalists about Quranic interpretation, Quranic reliability, authenticity and its divine origin. It provides the foundation for evaluation, analysis, enhancement of the discourses and issues revolving around long-held stereotypes, theories or presuppositions of the orientalists about Quran and its divinity. It will also critically analyse the contemporary literature related to the Quran and its interpretation written by modern Muslim writers and Muslim liberals in light of the principles of Quranic exegesis (Tafsir).
The course will equip learners with an accurate and in-depth understanding of the Quran and Orientalism. It will critically engage in and analyses perspectives and perceptions held by Orientalists, Modern Muslim Writers and Muslim Liberals in relation to the Quran and Quranic Exegesis.
What you will learn
- Develop a distinct understanding of Orientalism and contemporary approaches to Quranic Studies.
- Examine Orientalist approaches to Qur’anic Authenticity, Reliability and its divine origin, and evaluate these opinions.
- Analyse critical concepts and ideas discussed in the literature written by Orientalists, Muslim Modernist Writers and Muslim Liberals in relation to the Quran and its interpretation.
- Compare and evaluate opinions held by Orientalists, Modern Muslim writers and Liberals on Quranic Exegesis.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and explain unreliable exegetical methods from reliable and accepted exegetical methods and approaches.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify unreliable exegetical methods and explain reliable and accepted exegetical methods and approaches
Ustadh Safaruk Chowdhury
Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari
Frequently asked questions
What if I am not able to attend LIVE sessions?
If, in any case, you miss attending LIVE session, you can catch up by watching the video recordings later at your convenient time. To get access to the video recordings, you should visit “myAlbalagh” by using your sign-in details. You can get access to “myAlbalagh” through your laptop, desktop or from your mobile.
When will I have access to the online course material?
Right after successful enrolment, you will get access to myAlbalagh which is our online learning portal where you can get access to the pre-course material. The course content will be released gradually after starting the course.
How to enrol in this course?
To Enrol in the course you need to visit our website course page and select Enrol Now