About this course
The course provides students with an in-depth understanding of Islamic rulings related to Halal and Haram Food in contemporary world
The course will cover everything from the fundamentals of Islamic dietary laws to contemporary issues and challenges faced by the Muslim communities arising from the halal food industry.
What you will learn
- Gain knowledge and practical skills that will enable them to become better-informed about Islamic perspectives and Islamic Fatawas in relation to halal and haram food, medicine and cosmetics.
- Describe the concept of halal & haram in Islam and explain examples of halal food and non-halal food.
- Demonstrate an understanding of sources of Islamic laws & objectives of shariah, describe principles of halal and haram in Islam and apply the knowledge in halal industry environment.
- xplain and discuss food additives related to non-halal issues and describe examples of halal ingredients and non-halal ingredients which are used in the food industry.
- Distinguish the types of Najs and be able to explain basic rituals, cleansing in processing environment.
- Interpret halal slaughtering concept precisely and discuss pillars & requirements of halal slaughtering for applications in food production.
- Identify and distinguish the corrupt practices prevalent in the Halal food industry and be able to explain the authentic and accepted Islamic rulings and Fatawa.
- Understand the Halal Food Chain and the quality systems related to food processing and production and describe methods of traceability and authentication of halal and haram materials used in the food processing industry.
Shaikh Yunus Dudhwala
Professor Dr. Russly A. Rahman
Dr Awal Fuseini
Frequently asked questions
What if I am not able to attend LIVE sessions?
If, in any case, you miss attending LIVE session, you can catch up by watching the video recordings later at your convenient time. To get access to the video recordings, you should visit “myAlbalagh” by using your sign-in details. You can get access to “myAlbalagh” through your laptop, desktop or from your mobile.
What do you mean by 1-to-1 Mentor Support?
We understand you may need personalised support from the mentor. Therefore, we are facilitating one-to-one mentor support to ensure your personal and professional growth. Your personal mentor will be helping you through out the course with understanding more about anything related to the course. You may contact him by Email, Whatsapp or book an appointment and meet him online
How to enrol in this course?
To Enrol in the course you need to visit our website course page and select Enrol Now